Definition of TIN
- (verb)plate with tin
- (verb)preserve in a can or tin
- (verb)prepare (a metal) for soldering or brazing by applying a thin layer of solder to the surface
- (noun)a silvery malleable metallic element that resists corrosion; used in many alloys and to coat other metals to prevent corrosion; obtained chiefly from cassiterite where it occurs as tin oxide
- (noun)a vessel (box, can, pan, etc.) made of tinplate and used mainly in baking
- (noun)metal container for storing dry foods such as tea or flour
- (noun)airtight sealed metal container for food or drink or paint etc.